Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Future Tierney

Dear future me,

I don't care if you're married, or have kids, what kind of job you have, where you live, as long as it's what you want.

I hope you are a part of something larger than yourself.

I want you to have helped people. Not for karma, not for the fame of doing good, but for knowing that people who were without, are now with.

I hope you have traveled, and did not give up your dreams of being a foreigner because it was "too expensive" or "sidetracked".

 I want you to have an appreciation for the naive.

I hope you've never said "you'll understand when you're as old as I am.": You know you hated that.

I hope that you haven't lost your passion for where you stand; doesn't matter where, as long as you know it's right.

But most of all, I hope you are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment